Because Optometry Australia represents the diversity of registered optometrists in Australia, we have developed two distinct services to assist all members in relation to human resource and workplace relations advice.
- For members who are employed in an optometry practice, Optometry Australia Employee Assist can provide professional and confidential advice to employee members. Please call 03 9668 8500 or your state office for assistance.
- For members who are employers of optometrists, Optometry Australia has partnered with Employer Assist by Industrial Legal Group (formally Indigo Legal) to provide advice to employer members.
This separation ensures that our organisation is not providing competing advice to members and there is appropriate separation.
Employer members are entitled to access a wide range of complimentary professional human resources, workplace relations and legal services as a result of your membership of Optometry Australia.
The Optometry Australia Employer Assist service is available to employer members via our dedicated toll free number 1300 101 391.
This service is staffed by legal practitioners and workplace relations consultants with specific knowledge of the optometry profession, contracted through HR Assist.
For more information, contact Optometry Australia Employer Assist on 1300 101 391
. You can also visit www.employerassist.com.au
for access to industry specific information and resources.
Who does Optometry Australia Employer Assist help?
To ensure that the service is free from any conflicts of interest, Optometry Australia Employer Assist is for employer members only. Employee members should contact Optometry Australia directly for any employment related advice or support
Optometry Australia Employer Assist can provide support to employer members of Optometry Australia regardless of whether they are a sole trader, partnership or company.
Employer members are required to know and understand many different regulations, legislation and conditions of employment in order to ensure compliance.
Optometry Australia Employer Assist provides valuable legal information to employer members, relevant to their specific profession.
What do I get as an Optometry Australia member?
As an Optometry Australia employer member, you are entitled to access a wide range of complimentary professional human resources, workplace relations and legal services:
- Access to the Optometry Australia Employer Assist website containing in-depth information on human resources, workplace relations and other relevant legal issues common to the optometry profession;
- Access to a dedicated 1300 phone line only for Optometry Australia employer members; and
- Access to legal practitioners and workplace relations consultants, available to immediately answer your questions.
Optometry Australia Employer Assist is staffed by legal practitioners and consultants that specialise in human resources, workplace relations, and other relevant issues. Optometry Australia Employer Assist will provide you with general advice about workplace issues arising in your business and how best to ensure you are meeting your obligations. If required, Optometry Australia Employer Assist can provide more detailed advice and services to employer members on a fee-for-service basis.
What does it cost to access Optometry Australia Employer Assist?
Employer members can access Optometry Australia Employer Assist at no cost.
Basic telephone or email advice and information is free of charge to employer members. Only when Optometry Australia Employer Assist has been engaged by you to provide a service will you be charged on a fee-for-service basis. Optometry Australia Employer Assist provides all services at special discounted rates to members and will always provide you with an approximate cost to undertake the work prior to commencement.
How can Optometry Australia Employer Assist help you?
Below are examples of some of the services that Optometry Australia Employer Assist can provide to members.
- Provide workplace relations advice;
- Conduct compliance audits to ensure you are meeting all your obligations under the Fair Work Act 2009 (Cth), the National Employment Standards and Modern Award/s;
- Conduct workplace investigations;
- Prepare employment contracts tailored specifically to optometrists and ancillary staff;
- Prepare policy documents tailored to the specific needs of your workplace;
- Prepare step-by-step advice regarding a process of recruitment, disciplinary action, termination, redundancy, unfair dismissal, general protections and other claims;
- Act as your representative before the Fair Work Commission or Federal Circuit Court in unfair dismissal, general protections or other matters;
- Negotiate, draft and submit enterprise bargaining agreements;
- Assist you to deal with union officials; and
- Mediate conflict resolution processes.
Contact Optometry Australia Employer Assist on 1300 101 391 or firstname.lastname@example.org. Alternatively, visit www.employerassist.com.au for access to industry specific information and resources.