Terms of Sale
1. These Terms of Sale apply to the use of the Optometry Australia website, including the purchase of goods such as
books, brochures and accessories (“items”) using the Online Store located on the Optometry
Australia website (“Online Store”) and the purchase of services such as Optometry Australia events
and membership subscriptions using the Optometry Australia website (if available).
2. Purchases using the Optometry Australia website constitutes acknowledgement and acceptance of these Terms of
of Victoria, Australia govern these Terms of Sale.
3. The Optometry Australia (“we”, “us”, “our”) receives revenue on all sales of items. The revenue is applied to
maintain the quality and diversity of our services.
Online Store Sales and Returns Policy
4. Items are sold at the recommended retail price or less. Items ordered direct from overseas suppliers and a
small number of locally supplied titles may incur a surcharge. Items are occasionally put on sale at additional
5. All prices of items are in Australian Dollars.
6. Where items are shipped from Australia, the price includes Australian Goods and Services Tax (“GST”). Where
a title is shipped from outside of Australia its price is exclusive of GST.
Online Orders from Australia or Overseas
7. Currently the Online Store only accepts online orders within Australia. Please email
email@example.com or call on (03) 9668 8555 for a quote before placing an overseas order.
8. We make every effort to keep stock levels up-to-date, however, occasionally an item listed may be out of stock.
In this case we may need to order the item from the publisher or distributor. After you place your order, we will
advise you an estimated time the item will take to be delivered to us.
9. When we need to order an item in for you, the price shown may no longer be current, as new stock shipments may
have different prices, we will inform you of the new price and seek your instruction before proceeding.
10. In the event that we are unable to supply the items ordered, we will inform you of this as soon as possible.
A full refund will be given.
11. Books in stock are normally dispatched within 5 - 7 days. Books that are not in stock are normally dispatched
within 7 - 14 days. Books not available from the publisher may take up to 6 - 8 weeks from the time of placing
12. Items aside from books that are in stock are normally dispatched within 2 - 5 days.
Returns, Refund and Cancellation Policy
13. Our policy is to credit or exchange items that have been mis-bound or where an error in the Onlibe Store
processing has occurred, please contact the Online Store using the contact details
14. Where an item has arrived damaged, mis-bound, faulty or it was processed in error, please contact the
Online Store using the contact details below.
15. All other return requests will require a 'Returns Authorisation Number'. To obtain a Returns Authorisation Number
please follow these steps:
(a) Email the transaction/invoice number and a copy of your original order to firstname.lastname@example.org
with your reason for wishing to return the items.
(b) If your request to return the items is accepted, the Online Store will email back
a RAN (“Returns Authorisation Number”).
(c) Please include this Returns Authorisation Number when you return the approved items.
(d) The Online Store will then provide an exchange or credit for the amount.
(The Online Store will forward a cheque for any authorised refund, please note the
Online Store is unable to provide a cash refund).
16. Returns will not be accepted unless a request for a Returns Authorisation Number has been received within
7 - 10 of sale.
17. You may cancel all or part of your online order, provided that they contact us before you receive the
email notification that your order has been dispatched.
Please contact the OA Online Store using the contact details below and include the Online
Store order number.
18. We acknowledge that despite reasonable precautions, items may be listed at an incorrect price or with
incorrect information due to typographical error or like oversight. In these circumstances, we reserve the
right to cancel the transaction, notwithstanding that your order has been confirmed and your credit card has
been charged. We reserve this right up until the time of delivery of items to you. If a cancellation of this nature
occurs after your credit card has been charged for the purchase, we will immediately issue a credit to your
credit card account for the amount in question.
19. You must ensure that the delivery address and recipient’s name is accurate and complete. We will not
take responsibility for any orders that go missing due to incorrect delivery information provided by you. You must
notify us within 14 days of dispatch date if ordered items have not been received by you. Please note however,
that risk of loss or damage to the items passes to you when we dispatch them.
Events Registration and Refund Policy
20. Clauses 21 to 32 apply in respect of events available for purchase through the Optometry Australia website.
Fees and Refunds
21. All registrations to Optometry Australia events published on the Optometry Australia website (“Optometry
Australia Events”) from you must be accompanied by payment. Until payment is received, we will not guarantee
your registration at that Optometry Australia Event.
22. Once you are registered to an Optometry Australia Event, you will be liable for payment in the event of
non-attendance unless cancellation or request for transfer is made in accordance with our refund policy below.
23. A refund will be provided only if we are notified in writing at least 72 hours prior to the date of the event to
the contact details below.
24. Your registration for an Optometry Australia Event may be substituted only if the Events Department is notified
in writing of the change at least 3 hours prior to the Event, and the notification of change is accompanied by
the payment stated in the clause 25 below.
25. If the registration fee for the substitute is higher than for the original registration, the substitution must be
accompanied by the difference in registration fee for the substitution to be approved.
26. If the situation arises where more than the maximum number of participants registers for an event, we will
give preference in order of receipt of registration. You will be contacted by an Optometry Australia representative
if the substitution is unsuccessful.
27. You will be forwarded a confirmation email within 48 hours of receipt of the registration.
28. If you do not receive an email confirmation please contact us by using the contact details below to ensure
that registration has been received.
29. All Optometry Australia Events are GST inclusive unless otherwise indicated.
30. Tax invoices are generated upon request and emailed to you.
Cancellation of an Optometry Australia Event
31. We reserve the right to cancel or postpone an Optometry Australia Event to an alternative date. If you are
affected by such a change, we will contact you and offer the opportunity to transfer to the next available activity
or receive a full refund.
32. If you are not completely satisfied when attending an Optometry Australia Event, we request that you provide
feedback to us using the contact details below.
33. We expressly disclaim any liability to the fullest extent permitted by law in relation to the consumer
guarantees pursuant to the Australian Consumer Law (under Schedule 2 of the Competition and Consumer
Act 2010 (Cth)). Nothing in these Terms of Sale excludes, restricts or modifies any condition, warranty, right or
liability implied in these Terms of Sale or protected by law to the extent that such exclusion, restriction or
modification would render these Terms of Sale or any provision void, illegal or unenforceable.
34. Pursuant to section 64A of the Australian Consumer Law (under Schedule 2 of the Competition and
Consumer Act 2010 (Cth)):
(a) This sub-clause applies in respect of any of the goods or services supplied under these Terms of Sale
which are not of a kind ordinarily acquired for personal, domestic or household use or consumption,
provided that this sub-clause will not apply if you establish that reliance on it would not be fair and
(b) Liability for breach of a guarantee conferred by the Australian Consumer Law (under Schedule 2 of the
Competition and Consumer Act 2010 (Cth)), other than those conferred by sections 51 to 53 of the
Australian Consumer Law, is limited:
(i) in the case of goods, to any one of the following as determined by us:
(A) the replacement of the goods or the supply of equivalent goods; or
(B) the repair of the goods; or
(C) the payment of the cost of replacing the goods or of acquiring equivalent goods; or
(D) the payment of the cost of having the goods repaired;
(ii) in the case of services, to any one of the following as determined by us:
(A) the supplying of the services again; or
(B) the payment of the cost of having the services supplied again.
Optometry Australia (Contact Details)
Phone: (03) 9668 8555
Phone: (03) 9668 8500
Fax: (03) 9663 7478