At SA Blue Sky Congress we recognise that sometimes it's hard to schedule CPD around the joys and demands of a young family.
That's why we provide a free on-site crèche for our delegates' children. So whether both parents are in the lectures, or one of you fancies some time out exploring the Adelaide Hills alone, the crèche is for you.
"I have used the SA Blue Sky Congress Crèche for a number of years from when my children were babies through to primary school age. They have always been extremely well looked after, with staff following care instructions regarding sleep and feeding times. There is a wide range of entertainment and activities to appeal to a broad range of ages. The crèche is well located so that you can visit during conference breaks for extra peace of mind. I would not hesitate in recommending this fabulous service" Kelly O'Brien (busy mum and optometrist).
Our fantastic new venue provides the opportunity to have more fun outside with a jumping pillow, mini golf, adventure playground, sand pit and rolling lawns to play ball on, all within a stone's throw of the new crèche room, which is full of natural light with views through the trees and hills.
- Ages 0 - 12 years (or older after discussion and agreement with congress organisers)
- Specially created child-friendly menu
- Creative activities inside and out to ensure they have fun and sun and are ready for a sleep
- Private - available to SA Blue Sky Congress delegates, trade and staff only
Leave your little ones at the on-site Congress crèche with peace of mind and a skip in your departing step, knowing that:
The crèche is very popular and numbers are strictly limited, so book early to avoid disappointment.
For a copy of the Parent Guidelines, terms and conditions and a copy of the SA Blue Sky Congress and Hessel Group enrolment form click here.
Bed time baby sitters are available
If you want to attend our Sundowners event on Friday evening, note that crèche will be open until 6.30pm. One of Hessel Group's other services is babysitting. If you are wanting to go out for the evening, get in touch with them at hesselgroup.com.au
Acceptance of terms and conditions
On booking a space for your child at the SA Blue Sky Congress crèche, you will be asked to sign a form indicating your acceptance of the terms and conditions of crèche use.
By signing this form, you acknowledge and agree to the following:
To the maximum extent permitted by law, neither Optometry SA nor it's Board or staff accept any liability whatsoever, however arising, from any injury, accident, illness or disease caused to or suffered by any child whether as part of Optometry SA's crèche service except in the case of willful acts by Optometry SA, it's Board or staff.
Any information provided to Optometry SA and the Congress crèche supervisor is true, complete and accurate at the date of this agreement on drop off.
- To keep Optometry SA and Congress crèche supervisor informed of any new circumstance which arises concerning your child/children after this agreement is signed which is relevant to their care including any changes to information provided on this form.
In the event of any illness or injury to your child, you authorise Optometry SA or any person who it has delegated the duty of looking after your child, to obtain whatever medical treatment the OSA or that person considers necessary, provided that Optometry SA informs you as soon as possible of the injury or illness and once informed, you revoke such authority. You further agree to indemnify Optometry SA and the person with delegated authority against any account, charge, cost and expense incurred by them in obtaining such medical and hospital treatment as may be considered necessary.
Indemnify Optometry SA from any costs, claims, proceedings, litigation, actions, expenses, damages, losses or liabilities which it may incur directly or indirectly as a result of any of the information provided being untrue, inaccurate, incomplete or misleading in any respect or as a result of a breach of the agreement.
They are only a short distance away
The SA Blue Sky Congress crèche is just 2 minutes walk from the congress venue in the Resort Business Centre. Feel free to leave them in peace or call in any time. If we need to, we will send you an SMS or come and find you.
They are safe
This year, Congress has once again contracted specialised crèche service provider Hessel Group. Go to hesselgroup.com.au to find out more about them.
- All Hesel Group crèche staff are required to have annual police checks through the Department of Families and Communities, Senior First Aid, appropriate childcare qualifications and adhere to Childsafe Environment guidelines. They are thoroughly reference-checked and have an extensive interview.
- The correct ratio of children to carers is followed and children are correctly supervised at all times, including trips to the adjacent toilets and any external activities.
- The crèche is a nut-free zone and extreme care is taken to ensure that choking hazards are avoided.
- The crèche has refrigeration and sterilisation facilities.
- Children known to be ill or infectious will be refused entry to the crèche.
- Your child will only be handed over to you or someone authorised by you to collect them and only on presentation of photo ID. Access in and out of the crèche is strictly monitored.
- To allow a speedy response if needed, all children wear a Congress crèche label showing their name, their parents' names and contact phone numbers.
Their needs are being cared for
Healthy meals, snacks, water and some bedding will be provided. The carers will ensure that your instructions are followed to provide your child's usual routine of meals and sleeps as much as possible.
If you choose to provide food or milk for your child, it can be kept chilled, or heated at the crèche facilities.
We ask that parents of young babies and toddlers provide their own stroller or pram as the children will be happier and easier to settle in a familiar environment.
Parents who have booked crèche space for their children will be sent the menu and activities planned nearer the time.
They're having fun
There will be time for sleep, quiet time and stories, and also play time where a variety of age-appropriate entertainment and toys are provided for children of all ages by Hessel Group. TV offers ABC kids programs and children's DVDs in measured amounts.
Where authorisation is given and weather permits, children will have an opportunity to participate in outside activities for fresh air and a change of scene.
Our fantastic new venue has ready access to a jumping pillow, mini golf, sand pit, adventure playground and lots and lots of space away from busy roads.Parents will be contacted nearer the time with options. In the past the kiddies have enjoyed face-painting, puppet shows.
If lectures run late, they won't be left on the doorstep
The crèche will open 30 minutes before the first lecture each day and you will need to collect your child by 6.30 pm on the Friday (so you can attend Sundowners if you choose) and within 30 minutes of the end of the last lecture on the Saturday. If lectures are running late, fear not, these times are based on actual not scheduled finish times.
Breast feeding is welcome
If you (or your partner) are breast-feeding your little one, you will be made welcome in the crèche. Take a comfy seat in a quiet corner, or take advantage of the sterilising and refrigeration facilities provided to make the expelling and storage of milk easier.
The crèche is fully insured
Strict OH&S guidelines are being followed, but in the extremely unlikely event of an accident, the crèche facility (both Hesel Group and Optometry SA has appropriate insurance).