How will you benefit from membership?
Membership means you are part of Australia’s largest community of optometry professionals and because of this, you are never alone. We provide the networks, tools, support and guidance for your professional success.
Your membership fees at work
Our members are always first and foremost in all our decision making, and we drive this culture throughout the organisation. Watch this short video that explains briefly how your membership fees work, and understand how Optometry Australia provides value to you.
By becoming a member you will:
- Have complimentary access to our dedicated team of optometrist advisors via our Monday to Friday Optometrist Advisor Help Desk. We are ready to help with your clinical, ethical or professional questions. Our advice is independent and provided in complete confidentiality and without judgement.
- Have Monday to Friday access to our complimentary HR helpline, Optometry Australia’s Industry Legal Group. This service is for all members including employer, employee and locum optometrists.
- Gain peace of mind and professional freedom with premium professional indemnity insurance that can cover you for life with one-on-one support in the event of a malpractice claim or patient complaint. Our policy covers you wherever you work in Australia, paid or unpaid and exceeds Ahpra’s registration requirements.
- Receive complimentary and confidential advice on your employment contracts.
- Enjoy complimentary or great member savings on the best quality CPD including local and regional seminars, webcasts and conferences.
- Enjoy our complimentary distance learning CPD platform via our Institute of Excellence (CPD), where you can access quality-assured online education anytime, anywhere.
- Have ease of mind with your personal CPD record of hours and CPD portfolio collated in one easy location online, in the event of an audit.
- Secure personal and complimentary support if you are audited by Ahpra, Medicare, private health funds or regulatory investigations.
- Have continuous access to expert clinical advice and practice management support.
- Add to the collective voice and our ability to influence, ensuring members are heard wherever decisions about optometry are made.
- Avoid professional isolation by inclusion in the largest community of optometrists in Australia.
- Have access to networking groups such as Early Career Optometrist events and activities to build your contacts and friendships.
- Have your name and biography listed on our ‘Find an optometrist’ search feature which directs more patients to your practice. This search feature appears on this website and our consumer website, Good vision for life.
- Utilise resources, and benefit from PR and marketing efforts driven by the successful Good vision for life campaign, focused on raising awareness of eye health and optometry among Australians.
- Gain direct access to our optometry business support partners in Accounting, Legal, Business, Insurance, HR, financial services and much more.
- Gain discounts in Energy bills and Qantas membership.
- Receive member-only e-newsletters with timely updates that assist your day-to-day practice.
- Receive member-only e-newsletters broadcasting professional and leadership opportunities.
- Have complimentary access to high quality clinical publications such as Optometry Connection magazine, plus peer-reviewed journal Clinical and Experimental Optometry and the Contact Lens Resource Guide
- Have the opportunity to be nominated or selected for leadership opportunities, such as on our board of directors, or our many special interest committees and advisory groups.
- Be eligible for member-only awards, scholarships and grants established by Optometry Australia.