Member benefits for early career optometrists
Early career optometrist members are registered optometrists who graduated within the last ten years.
We understand this early career group has particular needs and interests, and we tailor our information and resources to meet these at a high level. We see this as an important period for career consolidation, network building and profile strengthening.
Your membership for the first six months after graduation is free, and significantly reduced in your first full year of practice. Benefits for our early career optometrists include:
- Advice on employment issues, including understanding and negotiating job contracts and salary packages, conflict resolution and preparing for performance reviews – all provided by a support team who are focused on your interests, independent of your employer.
- Premium professional indemnity insurance that provides you with the freedom and security to follow your career and professional interests throughout Australia, New Zealand and the UK, in addition to optometry aid work overseas, with guaranteed one on one support in the event of a claim.
- Step by step guidance on AHPRA registration renewal, securing new Medicare provider numbers and obtaining your PBS stationery.
- Everyday access to our member hotline for support and guidance across all aspects of the profession – from Medicare billing, to handling complaints, to challenging clinical cases.
- The opportunity to contribute to the conversation and help shape the future of your profession via our forums and targeted programs.
- High quality free and heavily discounted CPD at your fingertips with automatic hours tracking to simplify AHPRA renewals and audits, plus advice on how best to meet your registration requirements when life doesn’t go to plan.
- Online accurate and up-to-date resources and information including clinical guidelines, legal information and much more.
- Opportunities and pathways to enable you to stand out from the crowd through special interest CPD and pathways for leadership positions and professional growth.
- A thriving jobs board, giving you access to the largest and most diverse range of employment opportunities across Australia, plus excellent networking opportunities with peers, future colleagues or employers.