By Optometry Australia
‘We are delighted by the Victorian Premier’s announcement today that optometrists can resume routine face-to-face care from 11.59pm tonight, Sunday 18 October’, said Optometry Australia CEO Lyn Brodie and Optometry Victoria South Australia CEO Pete Haydon.
‘We will be ensuring that we remind community members in metropolitan Melbourne and beyond of the importance of regular eye examinations and maintaining good eye health through Good Vision for Life and broader media engagement opportunities,’ they added.
Resources and further help
- Visit our COVID-19 Resources Hub for a wide range of clinical information, support and advice.
- Our new ‘Supporting your mental health webpage’ was launched for members recently and includes login details for the Resilience Box, a digital platform to strengthen mental resilience and wellbeing, along with webinars, podcasts, stories and contact details for support services.
- Employers and Employees seeking HR advice (e.g. leave entitlements, redundancy, stand downs) contact Industry Legal Group via email in the first instance: email@example.com or visit the COVID-19 Resources Hub.
- Employers, Employees and Locums seeking business continuity, financial aid advice (including Federal Government support packages and JobKeeper eligibility), contact Optometry Finance Australia via email in the first instance: firstname.lastname@example.org or visit the COVID-19 Resources Hub.
- Update your membership details now if you provide telehealth services and/or if you are available for urgent in-person consults or if you wish to remove these services from your profile.
- Contact our Optometry Advisor Help Desk on 03 9668 8500 or email email@example.com for one-on-one confidential advice.
Tagged as: Advocacy & government, COVID-19, Employment, Member services, Patient management