By Optometry Australia
Optometry Australia is committed to ensuring that you have ready access to the education that you need to meet your CPD obligations given the COVID-19 constraints.
We have curated for you a range of online education offerings that you can access via our Institute of Excellence and that will help you meet your CPD requirements.
Comprehensive program of webcasts to come
In the following weeks, we will deliver an enhanced program of interesting subjects that you can participate in from the comfort of your home.
- May 12: The role of optometry in macular disease – presented by Dr Angelica Ly.
- May 14: Emerging from Lockdown – Business and Practice Continuity – presented by Luke Arundel and Paul McKinley.
- May 20: Effective Communication in Times of Crisis – presented by Lisa Jansen.
- May 21: Optimal Strategies for Physical and Mental Wellbeing – presented by Lisa Jansen.
And don’t forget Optometry Virtually Connected, your three-day virtual event will be held totally online from 26-28 June 2020.The program is being finalised and this, along with registration details, will be released to you shortly.
Independent Learning you can do now
Pre-recorded webcasts that are ready for viewing include:
- Mental health first aid – by Teresa Coffey.
- Financial stress in practice – presented by Paul McKinley – 2T CPD points.
- Making the perfect dry eye cocktail – presented by Jason Holland – 2T CPD points.
- Myopia Management – Kids, Contacts and the Visual Environment – presented by Dr Kate Gifford – 3T CPD points.
- Infection and Pain Management in Eye Care – presented by Dr Alex Hui – 3 CPD points.
- Imaging, Classification and Advanced Therapeutics in AMD – presented by Dr Lauren Ayton – 3 CPD points.
- Telehealth in Optometry – presented by Simon Hanna and Ben Hamlyn – 1 CPD point.
- Navigating HR through COVID-19 – presented by Emma Dalley and Paul McKinley – 1 CPD point.
Our latest Pharma issues are also available for you to access, all offering six points including therapeutic points:
- In the March issue of Pharma, we take a deeper look at collaborative care, delving into clinical examples of how it can enhance the profession of optometry and produce better patient outcomes. This issue provides 6 (4T) CPD points. Complete the quiz and your CPD points will be automatically entered into your ‘MyCPD record.’
- December 2019 issue of Pharma – 6 (4T) CPD points.
- September 2019 issue of Pharma – 6 (1T) CPD points.
Tagged as: COVID-19, Member services