Cataract Surgery and Retinal Disease
Available from: 25/12/2019
Where to publish: mivision Publication and www.mieducation.com
Contact: Nikki Byrne, [E] email@example.com, [P] 02 8336 8616
- How to manage patient expectations having cataract surgery with co-existing retinal diseases.
- What are the potential issues related to reduced postop vision in patients with retinal diseases having cataract surgery
- What does the evidence say regarding the timing of surgery in patients with macular degeneration.
- How to monitor patients postoperatively with coexisting diabetes and or retinal vascular occlusion.
- What are the potential issues with cataract surgery in post-vitrectomy eyes.
- How to avoid and keep an eye for reduced vision post-surgery due to cystoid macular edema.
- How and why detailed retinal assessment is essential in a patient with cataract.
- Importance of Informed consent in patients with coexisting retinal diseases
- How to guide a diabetic patient due for cataract surgery.
- How to guide patients for the need of ongoing treatment following cataract surgery in such cases
Max points awarded: 2.00
|Catarct Surgery and Retinal Disease|
|Independent Learning with Assessment|
|Points for attending & Passing Assessment|