Clinical Opthalmology Workshops
Venue: Suite 3, 10-12 South Street Forster, NSW, 2428
Provider: Glaukos Australia Pty Ltd
Contact: Aaron Williams, [E] email@example.com, [P] 0455559521
- Understanding surgical techniques regarding cataract, glaucoma and foreign body removals
- Understanding the clinical instruments for cornea, anterior chamber, glaucoma and retina testing. Having a hands on demonstration and analysis of interpreting the results.
- Indications and uses of Laser treatments in the clinical setting. What results to expect and discuss with patients.
- Suturing Station: Discuss the finer points of suturing in theatre, focusing on removal of foreign bodies in the eye utilising hands on skills with porcine eyes.
- Phacoemulsifacation Station: Discuss and demonstrate the phacoemulsification machine and how it is used in theatre removing cataracts
- Phacoemulsifacation Station: Discuss techniques used for cataract removal followed by a hands on by optometrists using demonstration eyes
- iStent Station: Demonstration of implantation of iStent in a model eye
- iStent Station: Discussing the surgical outcomes of the device and clinical papers
- OCT/OCT Angiography Station: Imaging discussion and how to interpret the results
- Corneal Topography Station: Imaging technologies and interpretation of results
- Argon Laser Station: Discussion on laser technology, thermal burns and the use of the laser treatment and results
- YAG Laser Station: Uses of the YAG laser and how it differs to Argon laser
- YAG Laser Station: Discussion of treatments with capsulotomy and peripheral iridotomy
- YAG Laser Station: Also discussing SLT indications for use and clinical results
- Visual Fields Station: Discussions on visual fields and why patients dislike having them performed
- Visual Fields Station: Looking at charts and discussing interpretations of results
Max points awarded: 6.00
|Ophthalmology clinical workshop including stations on: Cataract, Glaucoma, foreign body removal techniques, clinical testing with OCT, Visual fields and treatments using YAG and Argon Lasers.|
|Face to Face Small Workshop|
|Points for attending & Passing Assessment|