CPD@home with Dr William Ward & Dr Kevin Chee
Optometry WA brings you the first of our Regional presenters for CPD online – OWA CPD@home via a Zoom webcast on Monday 3rd August at 6.30pm WA time featuring Dr William Ward & Dr Kevin Chee from the Mandurah Eye Centre.
6.30pm – 7.00pm – Dr William Ward presents on The Technology of OCT & its Clinical Application.
- History and development of OCT
- Uses in ophthalmology
- Some commoner and less common clinical situations
7.00pm – 7.30pm – Dr Kevin Chee presents on Neuro-ophthalmic Conditions that may present to Optometry
- Maintain a high index of suspicion for GCA in elderly patients who present with amaurosis fugax, diplopia, and acute vision loss.
- Recognise the significance of pupil involvement in third nerve palsy.
- Refer the patient urgently (same day) for investigation/treatment if GCA or pupil-involving third nerve palsy is suspected. Max points awarded: 2.00 Face to Face without Assessment
CPD@home – Click for Further Information & ZOOM REGISTRATION
(Please be logged in to view)
CPD Sponsor: Novartis PShow details
Novartis are regular and long term supporters or Optometry WA CPD events and bring us the likes of Dr Chandra Balaratnasingam, Dr Dimitri Yellachich & Dr Chris Kennedy to our metro CPD evenings.