WAVE@home - AMD - Imaging, Classification and Advanced Therapeutics
Available from: 9/04/2020
Where to publish: Optometry Australia Institute - Launch Course Below
Provider: Optometry WA
Contact: Optometry WA Office, [E] email@example.com, [P] (08) 9321 2300
- 1. Review the Beckman classification of age-related macular degeneration.
- 2. Understand how the Beckman classification can provide information on risk of progression, and direct appropriate patient management.
- 3. Understand the limitations of the Beckman classification scheme and learn about emerging schemes (including the use of optical coherence tomography imaging) will be presented and applied to clinical scenarios.
- 4. Be able to identify common clinical presentations on optical coherence tomography, infrared images, and autofluorescence images (for example, early AMD, intermediate AMD, geographic atrophy and neovascular AMD)
- 5. Learn about new imaging biomarkers, such as iRORA, cRORA and the SIRE sign.
- 6. Understand the appropriate referral pathways when you see AMD-related imaging biomarkers in your practice
- 7. Understand the scientific principles behind gene augmentation and gene editing technologies.
- 8. Learn about the currently available ocular gene therapies, and emerging technologies.
- 9. Identify which patient groups are the most likely to benefit from gene therapy in the near future
Max points awarded: 3.00
|WAVE@home - AMD - Imaging, Classification and Advanced Therapeutics|
|Independent Learning with Assessment|
|Points for attending & Passing Assessment|