Assessment, attendance & feedback (Effective 1 December 2020)
For the current requirements click here.
You do not have to include assessment questions with any CPD activity you deliver, however if you do choose to provide an assessment component then you must include a copy of all assessment questions within the application.
Tip: Multiple-choice questions (MCQ) are preferred and each question must have at least four (4) alternate answer choices.
Assessment is optional for optometrists who undertake the CPD activity and those who do not complete assessment should be allocated reduced CPD hours.
It is easier to deliver a CPD activity without assessment.
How to submit an Attendance List
- Once the CPD activity has been completed, attendance must be submitted. Login to the Provider Portal, select Download Template, and fill in the required information.
- If there was an assessment component, enter Y if the attendee received a pass rate of 50% or more or N if they did not, (or if there was no assessment component). If the attendee’s member number is not listed, the attendee will not receive their points. This number is a unique identifier and is the only way for Eye on CPD to record CPD hours.
- Save the list and select Import CPD to the left of the CPD activity name, upload the attendance list and validate entries ensuring that the notes column is blank. If there are errors, action them and re-upload, then press Submit.
- Multiple uploads can be made for additional/missing attendees.
Feedback surveys for attendees
The Optometry Australia Institute of Excellence CPD Activity Feedback Form is available for download. CPD providers can use this form as is or edit it as they see fit.
Alternatively, CPD providers can also create their own form (paper or online). OA Institute of Excellence quality assured CPD activities must support and encourage participants to reflect upon their learning experience and apply it to practice. A feedback form must include two questions, as specified by the Optometry Australia Institute of Excellence Guidelines for Quality Assurance of CPD Activities, which helps the optometrist to reflect on and evaluate their learning:
- Does optometrist believe the activity was aligned with stated learning objectives of the activity?
- How has activity met the optometrist’s own learning needs?
In case of audit, you MUST keep and store ALL educational content/information for a minimum of two (2) years.
- copy of any presentations used
- copy of completed feedback surveys
- copy of completed AND marked assessment forms (if applicable).
Questions? Contact our CPD team at email@example.com or call 1800 393 273.