OWA CPD Evening 17th November 2021 with Lisa Jansen & Paul McKinley
Optometry Western Australia’s August presents Lisa Jansen & Paul McKinley on “Demystifying Financial Statements (for Success?)”
Registration NOT OPEN YET
- What are financial statements?
- Interpreting financials for practice success
- Key ratio analyses
- Calculating the daily cost of opening the doors
- Using financial statements for practice valuation and purchase
- Why understanding your financials is key to practice success
- How regular should your financial reporting be and why?
- Interpreting and mastering Profit and Loss Statements and Balance Sheets
- Monthly management reporting and review. Knowledge is powerful
- Controllable versus non-controllable
- To become familiar with the financial statements relevant to an optometry business
- Define basic terminology in financial statements
- Learn how to use the information for financial discussions
- Understand the importance of financial statements for practice valuation & purchase/ sale
Max CPD hours awarded: 1.5 i
Optometrist & Director Infinite Clarity Coaching
Lisa JansenShow details
Lisa is an Optometrist in private practice in Claremont, Western Australia, with over 30 years experience in optometry, specially contact lens fitting and practice ownership. She was one of the first to fit orthokeratology lenses back in 1992, and completed her Certificate in Ocular Therapeutics in 2016. She is also a professional coach consulting with individuals and businesses.
Lisa has been involved with the profession holding Board positions with Optometry Australia (WA) and the Optometrist’s Registration Board. She is fascinated by neuroplasticity and the neuroscience of behaviour, change, and performance. Her coaching addresses strategies for clarity, goal-setting, and action towards success in business and in life.
“As an Optometrist I helped people to see clearly. Today as a transformational coach I help them to see themselves clearly.”
Paul McKinleyShow details
Paul has over 30 years relevant commercial experience in the finance, automotive and accounting industries, specialising in commercial funding with a strong focus on personalised client service and retention.