Young Optometrists New Graduate Bootcamp
Date: 23/01/2022 (AEDT)
Venue: Rupert Myers Building, Barker St, Kensington NSW 2033, NSW, 2033
Provider: Young Optometrists
Contact: Jack Gordon, [E] firstname.lastname@example.org, [P] 0437522308
- Know the most appropriate Medicare item number for various commonly encountered clinical scenarios
- Understand less common billing situations such as limitations for billing of foreign body removal including situations when there is rust ring present after removal, domiciliary billing is indicated, and high prescription contact lens billing.
- Understand the differences between a Private, Bulk-billed, DVA and Aviation eye examination.
- Reflect on relevant concepts as students transition from learning roles to optometrists
- Discuss commonly encountered situations such as driving standards and conducting examinations with children parents or guardians not present.
- Understand and learn from common legal pitfalls optometrists have fallen into such as poor record keeping and missed ocular health diagnoses.
- Understand how to communicate to young children particularly during testing
- Identify the appropriate tests for children compared to an adult examination
- Understand tips and tricks related to maintaining attention in a paediatric examination
- To be able to appropriately manage bills and finances and to understand what qualifies as a tax-deductible item
- Learn how the Australian Tax system works for Optometry
- Discuss the possibility of encountering burnout in optometry practices, strategies for avoiding it, recognising it, and linking this understanding with quality of patient care.
Max CPD hours awarded: 3.5
|Young Optometrists New Graduate Bootcamp|
|Duration of CPD Session/Module|
|Duration of CPD Session/Module inclusive of Assessment Component|