All CPD providers delivering quality assured optometry education must agree to adhere to the following:
- CPD providers must act at all times in such a manner as to support the requirements of the Institute of Excellence quality assurance program. Providers must:
- inform course attendees that the activity has been a) quality assured and b) the number and type of CPD hours allocated
- accurately record the name (first name and surname) member/CPD number of all participants
- verify attendance and participation in any assessment and accurately track successful completion by all participants
- provide a mechanism for seeking feedback from participants on the quality of the CPD activity. This is usually done via Institute of Excellence’s feedback form. However, providers can use their own feedback form (paper or online)
- inform participants that CPD hours will only be automatically uploaded to their Learning Plan if they are members of Optometry Australia.
- upload the completed attendance form via the CPD Provider Portal within two weeks of the activity completion. Form includes the event ID #, session ID #, surname, first name and member/CPD number.
- Providers must ensure that quality assured optometry education is of satisfactory quality, meets minimum standards, is fit for the purpose specified and is delivered in accordance with the details provided in the application. The activity must enable participants to achieve the learning outcomes and competencies specified. CPD providers must aim to design and deliver optometry education which meets the standards expected of modern education and practice.
- Promotional techniques must be ethical and transparent.
- Any claims made by the provider and its employees must be honest and truthful and not give rise to false expectations. Information, claims and comparisons must be accurate, balanced, fair, objective, unambiguous and be supported by appropriate citations and referencing of the scientific literature. They must not mislead either directly or by implication.
- Information privacy is maintained with respect to the delivery of quality assured optometry education. Such information must not be disclosed or used for purposes other than that which it relates (delivery of optometry education), except where such disclosure is required by law.
In case of random audit by an external auditor, you MUST keep and store ALL educational content/information for a minimum of two (2) years i.e.:
- copies of any presentations used
- one copy of a completed feedback survey
- completed AND marked assessment instruments/resources.