By Optometry Australia
Optometry Australia is committed to ensuring that you have ready access to the education that you need to meet your CPD obligations.
We have curated for you a range of online education offerings that you can access via our Institute of Excellence and that will help you meet your CPD requirements.
Comprehensive program of upcoming webcasts
In the following weeks, we will deliver an enhanced program of interesting subjects that you can participate in from the comfort of your home.
- Acquired Visual Disorders – presented by Peter Nixon – 3 clinical face-to-face CPD points.
- Optometry Virtually Connected, our three-day virtual event will be held totally online from 26-28 June 2020. A total 22.5 points are available from a combination of accredited live CPD sessions and on-demand sessions. You can also access additional CPD points by attending exhibitor presentations held within the product showcase.
Independent Learning you can do now
Pre-recorded webcasts that are ready for viewing include:
- Leading you to leverage disruption – presented by David Platt – 1 CPD point.
- Effective communication in times of crisis – presented by Lisa Jansen – 1 CPD point.
- Optimal strategies for physical and mental wellbeing – presented by Lisa Jansen – 1 CPD point.
- The role of optometry in macular disease – presented by Dr Angelica Ly.
- Emerging from lockdown – business and practice continuity – presented by Luke Arundel and Paul McKinley.
- Mental health first aid – by Teresa Coffey.
- Financial stress in practice – presented by Paul McKinley – 2T CPD points.
- Making the perfect dry eye cocktail – presented by Jason Holland – 2T CPD points.
- Myopia management – kids, contacts and the visual environment – presented by Dr Kate Gifford – 3T CPD points.
- Infection and pain management in eye care – presented by Dr Alex Hui – 3 CPD points.
- Imaging, classification and advanced therapeutics in AMD – presented by Dr Lauren Ayton – 3 CPD points.
- Telehealth in optometry – presented by Simon Hanna and Ben Hamlyn – 1 CPD point.
- Navigating HR through COVID-19 – presented by Emma Dalley and Paul McKinley – 1 CPD point
Our latest Pharma issues are also available for you to access, all offering six points including therapeutic points:
- The just-released June issue of Pharma highlights the important work that Australian optometrists are performing as they deliver eye care to the elderly, the homeless, refugees, and culturally and linguistically diverse patients across the country.
- March issue of Pharma – 6 (4T) CPD points.
- December 2019 issue of Pharma – 6 (4T) CPD points.
- September 2019 issue of Pharma – 6 (1T) CPD points
Tagged as: Member services