Contact Lens Wettability, Disinfection, and Interactions with Tears
Contact: Nikki Byrne, [E] firstname.lastname@example.org, [P] 02 8336 8616
In the seventh in a series of articles summarising the key findings of the BCLA CLEAR publication, Wendy Sethi offers an overview of the section relating to contact lens properties and their interaction with the eye.
This BCLA CLEAR report explores the interactions between lens materials, care products, and the tear film, looking at the biochemistry and compatibility of the various elements involved in successful contact lens wear.
- The relevance of oxygen transmissibility in contact lens materials
- How the wettability of contact lenses is assessed
- How wettability relates to contact lens comfort
- The ideal characteristics of a contact lens care solution
- The effect of contact lens wear on the tear film and patient comfort
Max CPD hours awarded: 1
|Contact Lens Wettability, Disinfection, and Interactions with Tears
|Duration of CPD Session/Module
|Duration of CPD Session/Module inclusive of Assessment Component