All webpages on the domain name www.optometry.org.au including www.optometrists.asn.au and webpages for each State body collectively comprise the “Optometry Australia website”. The Optometry Australia website is owned by Optometry Australia ACN 004 622 431 (“we”, “us”, “our”).
The Optometry Australia website contains links to third party websites. We do not make any representations regarding the contents of third party websites. It is your responsibility to make your own decisions about the accuracy, currency, reliability and correctness of information contained in the linked third party websites. Views or recommendations provided in the third party website do not necessarily reflect our views or recommendations.
Responsibility for the content of advertisements appearing on the Optometry Australia (including hyperlinks to advertisers’ own websites) rests solely with the advertisers. The placement of such advertisements does not constitute a recommendation or endorsement by us of the advertisers’ products and each advertiser is solely responsible for any representations made in connection with its advertisement.
The information on the Optometry Australia website may not be accurate or up-to-date in all instances. We do not warrant the quality, accuracy or completeness of any information on the Optometry Australia website.
We expressly disclaim any liability to the fullest extent permitted by law:
- the contents of the Optometry Australia website;
- the contents or privacy practises associated with any third party websites to which the Optometry Australia website links; and
- any interference with or damage to your computer system, software or data occurring in connection with this website.
You are encouraged to take appropriate and adequate precautions to ensure that whatever is selected from the Optometry Australia website is free of viruses or other contamination that may interfere with or damage your computer system, software or data.
Seek optometrists’ advice
No information provided on the Optometry Australia website is intended to constitute advice from optometrists. Many factors unknown to us may affect the applicability of any information on the Optometry Australia website. You should seek appropriate advice from a qualified optometrist about any eye health and vision conditions.
Security of information
You agree not to share your password, let anyone else access your account, or anything that may put the security of your account at risk. We reserve the right to remove your username in respect of your account if appropriate.
All intellectual property rights (including but not limited to rights relating to copyright, trade mark, logo, design and patent) relating to:
- the Optometry Australia website;
- HTML, text and code underlying the Optometry Australia website; and
- information on the Optometry Australia website,
are vested in us except where those rights are vested in another person, body, corporation or other legal entity.
No permission is given in respect of use of any of the above, and such use may constitute infringement of the holder’s rights.
Our logo is a trade mark held by us. No permission is given for the reproduction or publication by any person except if it is allowed pursuant to members’ entitlement under the conditions granted or as a result of approved linking.
All product names mentioned on the Optometry Australia website are the trade marks of their respective owners.
You must not do any of the following without the prior written consent from us:
- accumulate, compile, disseminate, extract, process or reproduce in any form any webpages on the Optometry Australia website or information on the Optometry Australia website;
- use or reproduce any Optometry Australia trademark, logo or design on the Optometry Australia website;
- use contact information specified on the Optometry Australia website about a person, body, corporation or other legal entity to send unsolicited communications in any form to that person, body, corporation or other legal entity;
- use the Optometry Australia website in any manner that hinders or prevents access to or use of the Optometry Australia website by us or other users;
- use any type of device, process, routine or software which either systematically or non-systematically interferes or attempt to interferes with the functioning of the Optometry Australia website or any transaction or process conducted on or through the Optometry Australiawebsite;
- incorporate into or store any information from the Optometry Australia website in any other website, database, publication or other work in any form;
- create a link to the Optometry Australia website from another website;
- use the Optometry Australia website for any unlawful purpose or activity; or
- on-sell information obtained from the Optometry Australia website.
The content found on the Optometry Australia website may contain inaccuracies and typographical errors and we do not warrant the accuracy, reliability and completeness of any such information.
Amendments to the Optometry Australia website
We reserve the right to revise or remove information from the Optometry Australia website at any time.
Access to the Optometry Australia website may be terminated at any time by us without notice. This disclaimer will nevertheless survive any such termination.
The Optometry Australia website may contain “cookies”, which are text files that contain information and which are stored on your computer when you visit the Optometry Australia website.
- counting the number of visitors and analysing traffic; and
- accessing and logging into functions for subscriptions.
These may be either “persistent” cookies, which are permanent and stored on your computer after you have closed your web browser, or “session” cookies, which disappear when you close your web browser.
You may change the settings in your web browser to disable the storage of cookies and to remove undesired cookies.