Terms of Sale
1. These Terms of Sale apply to the purchase of items on the Optometry Australia website (“Website”) such as those via the Online Store (“Online Store”), events (“Events”) and membership subscriptions (“Subscriptions”) (if available).
3. Optometry Australia (“we”, “us”, “our”) receives revenue on all sales of items made over the Website. The revenue is applied to maintain the quality and diversity of our services.
Online Store Sales
4. All prices of items are in Australian Dollars.
5. Where items are shipped from Australia, the price includes Australian Goods and Services Tax (“GST”). Where an item is shipped from outside of Australia its price is exclusive of GST.
Online Orders from Australia or Overseas
6. Currently the Online Store only accepts online orders within Australia. Please email email@example.com or call on (03) 9668 8500 for any queries.
7. Optometry Australia may, from time to time, offer physical products for sale via the Online Store such as books or guides that require postage. Optometry Australia will determine at the time of offering such items for sale if postage is included, or excluded, from the sale price.
8. Optometry Australia may, from time to time, offer soft copy items for sale via the Online Store such as certificates and CASA licence renewals. These items will be delivered to your email address after your purchase.
Returns, Refund and Cancellation Policy
9. In the event that we are unable to supply the items ordered, we will inform you of this as soon as possible.
(a) A full refund will be given or a credit note for the amount that you paid, if agreed.
(b) Any refund will be paid into the credit card originally used for the purchase.
10. You may cancel all or part of your online order, provided that you contact us before you receive the item or service. Please contact the Online Store using the contact details below and include the Online Store order number.
11. We acknowledge that despite reasonable precautions, items may be listed at an incorrect price or with incorrect information due to typographical error or like oversight. In these circumstances, we reserve the right to cancel the transaction, notwithstanding that your order has been confirmed and your credit card has been charged. We reserve this right up until the time of delivery of items to you. If a cancellation of this nature occurs after your credit card has been charged for the purchase, we will immediately issue a refund to your credit card account for the amount in question.
Events Registration and Refund Policy
12. Clauses 21 to 32 apply in respect of events available for purchase through the Optometry Australia website.
Fees and Refunds
13. All registrations to Optometry Australia events published on the Optometry Australia website (“Optometry Australia Events”) from you must be accompanied by payment. Until payment is received, we will not guarantee your registration at that Optometry Australia Event.
14. Once you are registered to an Optometry Australia Event, you will be liable for payment in the event of non-attendance unless cancellation or request for transfer is made in accordance with our refund policy below.
15. A refund will be provided only if we are notified in writing at least 72 hours prior to the date of the event to the contact details below.
16. Your registration for an Optometry Australia Event may be substituted only if the Events Department is notified in writing of the change at least 3 hours prior to the Event, and the notification of change is accompanied by the payment stated in the clause 17 below.
17. If the registration fee for the substitute is higher than for the original registration, the substitution must be accompanied by the difference in registration fee for the substitution to be approved.
18. If the situation arises where more than the maximum number of participants registers for an event, we will give preference in order of receipt of registration. You will be contacted by an Optometry Australia representative if the substitution is unsuccessful.
19. You will be forwarded a confirmation email within 48 hours of receipt of the registration.
20. If you do not receive an email confirmation please contact us by using the contact details below to ensure that registration has been received.
21. All Optometry Australia Events are GST inclusive unless otherwise indicated.
22. Tax invoices are generated upon request and emailed to you.
Cancellation of an Optometry Australia Event
23. We reserve the right to cancel or postpone an Optometry Australia Event to an alternative date. If you are affected by such a change, we will contact you and offer the opportunity to transfer to the next available activity or receive a full refund.
24. If you are not completely satisfied when attending an Optometry Australia Event, we request that you provide feedback to us using the contact details below.
25. We expressly disclaim any liability to the fullest extent permitted by law in relation to the consumer guarantees pursuant to the Australian Consumer Law (under Schedule 2 of the Competition and Consumer Act 2010 (Cth). Nothing in these Terms of Sale excludes, restricts or modifies any condition, warranty, right or liability implied in these Terms of Sale or protected by law to the extent that such exclusion, restriction or modification would render these Terms of Sale or any provision void, illegal or unenforceable.
26. Pursuant to section 64A of the Australian Consumer Law (under Schedule 2 of the Competition and Consumer Act 2010 (Cth)):
(a) This sub-clause applies in respect of any of the goods or services supplied under these Terms of Sale which are not of a kind ordinarily acquired for personal, domestic or household use or consumption, provided that this sub-clause will not apply if you establish that reliance on it would not be fair and reasonable;
(b) Liability for breach of a guarantee conferred by the Australian Consumer Law (under Schedule 2 of the Competition and Consumer Act 2010 (Cth)), other than those conferred by sections 51 to 53 of the Australian Consumer Law, is limited:
(i) in the case of goods, to any one of the following as determined by us:
(A) the replacement of the goods or the supply of equivalent goods; or
(B) the repair of the goods; or
(C) the payment of the cost of replacing the goods or of acquiring equivalent goods; or
(D) the payment of the cost of having the goods repaired;
(ii) in the case of services, to any one of the following as determined by us:
(A) the supplying of the services again; or
(B) the payment of the cost of having the services supplied again.