Whilst we are disappointed that these could not be done with delegates face-to-face, we hope you will still enjoy these sessions on the recent advances in vision research that are helping to shape the future and direction of the profession.
To be eligible to receive 30 minutes of CPD for example, you will be required to watch two (2) Poster Sessions of your choice and complete the assessment questions for each session in Elite CPD.
These sessions are classified as Independent Learning. As an Optometry Australia member, you will be required to record your CPD under “My Own Activity”. Step to step instructions on how to complete the Poster Sessions are below:
Step 1 – Please register for the Poster Sessions to receive access to the MCQs for each poster.
Step 2 – Watch at least 2 Poster Sessions of choice ( Click here for Posters).
Step 3 – Complete the MCQs for each poster in Elite CPD.
- Click Here or go to elitecpd.optometry.org.au
- Log in is your member number eg MXXXXXX
- Password is your member password
- Select: Poster Sessions 2021
- Select the Poster Session you wish to complete the assessment for.
- Click on blue box to the right with the arrow, then click on the black and white PEN icon on right to record attendance, questions then appear for completion.
You will be sent an automatic email from Elite CPD once you have completed and passed your set of assessment questions for each poster – you may use this as evidence in the case that you are randomly selected for an AHPRA Audit.
Step 3 – Go to “My Own Activities” section of the Digital Learning Plan within your OA Member Account here, by clicking through to “Step 3: Add reflections to completed CPD activities”.
Click on “Add New” and fill out the details:
- Date (When you do it)
- Training Program/Activity (ie. 2 x Poster Titles),
- Provider (ie Optometry Victoria South Australia)
- Duration/Number of Hours (30 Minutes for every 2 Poster Education Modules completed),
- Is it clinical and/or therapeutic (Clinical).
- Most importantly, don’t forget to also add your reflection! The CPD time allocation will then be automatically added to your “CPD Hours Required Completed” tally (shown in green) at the top.
PLEASE NOTE that these recordings are strictly NOT for further circulation.