Testing Under Tens: It’s In the Way That You Do It
Available from: 11/12/2019
Where to publish: www.luxotticalearning.com.au
Provider: Luxottica Institute of Learning
Contact: Nikki Byrne, [E] email@example.com, [P] 02 8336 8616
- The participant will be able to ask an effective history for a child and know the extra questions that are relevant to ask.
- The participant will know how to adjust their manner and communicate effectively with a child of different ages and know what is appropriate behaviour with various aged children.
- The participant will know how to prioritise an examination on a child and how the correct sequencing of tests will elicit the most co-operation.
- The participant will understand which acuity testing techniques are suitable for which age groups and also know the expected age norms for the tests.
- Understand the subjective and objective tests, and when examining children the objective tests are the ones that should be relied upon.
- Understand the different sensory tests that you can use to establish the level of binocularity in a child and what the expected results are.
- Understand the importance of eye movement assessment in a child, how to engage them in a test, and some common eye movement disorders to be aware of.
- To understand the objective assessment of accommodation in a child and conditions that commonly exhibit reduced levels of accommodation.
- Understand the reasoning behind when to perform a cycloplegic refraction, the drops to use and the common side effects from them.
- Understand the reason behind removing extra plus power from a cycloplegic refraction, how it varies depending on the type of drug used, and the errors that can occur.
- Understand how using refractive technology can aid in your examination, and potential errors that can occur
- Understand techniques to provide ocular health examination in children and some conditions that affect a child’s eyes that we should be screening for.
Max points awarded: 4.00
|Testing Under Tens: It’s In the Way That You Do It|
|Independent Learning with Assessment|
|Points for attending & Passing Assessment|