Update in Ophthalmology 2021
Date: 23/03/2021 (AEDT)
Venue: Hybrid: Live Webinar/In-Person (Suite 901, 3 Waverley St Bondi Junction NSW 2022)
Provider: Retina Associates/ Eastern Suburbs Retina
Contact: Mariam Salib, [E] email@example.com, [P] 02 9389 4840
- Define and Classify retinal Detachment.
- Describe the signs and symptoms of different types of retinal detachment.
- Outline the management of retinal detachment.
- Describe outcomes following retinal detachment surgery.
- Context the importance of addressing dry eyes pre-cataract surgery, including therapeutic options.
- Outline contact lens considerations for cataract patients.
- Understand the importance of pre-cataract surgical considerations, post-corneal surgery.
- Understand the benefits and risks of Cataract Surgery in patients with Macula Disease such as age-related macular degeneration or diabetic macula oedema.
- Describe pre-operative, peri-operative and post-operative considerations in managing cataract in patients with macula disease.
- Distinguish between Intraocular lens choices in patients with Macula Disease.
- Understand Evidence from the Fight Retinal Blindness! Registry to guide management of cataract in patients with macula disease, including timing of intravitreal therapy.
- Understand the update of minimally invasive glaucoma surgery, including current and new devices available and what is coming in the future.
- Distinguish which patients are suitable for minimally invasive glaucoma surgery, and common pitfalls of surgery.
Max CPD hours awarded: 2
|Update in Ophthalmology 2021|
|Duration of CPD Session/Module|
|Duration of CPD Session/Module inclusive of Assessment Component|