Update in Ophthalmology 2022
Date: 15/03/2022 (AEDT)
Venue: Live Webinar - Online
Provider: Retina Associates/ Eastern Suburbs Retina
Contact: Mariam Salib, [E] email@example.com, [P] 02 9389 4840
- Participants will be able to implement a structured process of case history and optometric assessment to illustrate diagnostic dilemmas and approaches to treatment of retinal disorders.
- Participants will be able to express an understanding of the importance of considering both symptoms and optometric data when managing patients with retinal disorders and to assist in evaluating clinical OCT results.
- Participants will be able to understand the causes and risks, for patients with retinal tears/holes/ detachments and epiretinal membranes to advise the best possible treatment and management options.
- Participants will be able to examine rare and unusual retinal cases seen in there referral centres.
- Participants will be able to analyse Ocular Emergency presentations, to assist in urgency of referring.
- Participants will be able to describe the steps involved and understand appropriate guidelines for treatment and management of glaucoma.
- Participants will be able to understand the surgical treatment of complex cataracts.
- Participants will be able to list the features of retinal disease and identify urgency of retinal emergencies and to describe the signs and symptoms of different types of retinal detachment.
- Participants will understand the appropriateness of topical glaucoma medication dependent upon the severity of the condition.
- Participants will learn the differential diagnoses of a macular haemorrhage.
- Outline multimodal imaging including OCT, OCTA and FFA.
- Participants will understand treatment of choroidal neovascularisation.
- Participants will be able to context the importance of addressing dry eyes pre-cataract surgery, including therapeutic options.
Max CPD hours awarded: 2
|Update in Ophthalmology 2022|
|Duration of CPD Session/Module|
|Duration of CPD Session/Module inclusive of Assessment Component|