Updates in Primary Eyecare | Topic One Ocular Trauma
Date: 1/03/2023 (AEST)
Venue: The Inchcolm by Ovolo, 73 Wickham Terrace, Spring Hill, QLD, 4000
Provider: LVF Ophthalmology Research Centre
Contact: Christopher Layton, [E] firstname.lastname@example.org, [P] 07 3398 9494
- Understand the approach to Ocular Trauma including Trauma Patients are : Respiratory, CVS and Head Trauma | Pupil pearls, eye position and extraocular muscles.
- Identifying the signs of Open Globe including - Irregular pupil | 360 degrees conjunctival haemorrhage with pigment.
- Ophthalmic Aspects of Orbital Fractures: Visual acuity – properly measured, Medical treatment, Retrobulbar haemorrhage.
- Oculoplastic Principles in Eyelid Repair including classification of eyelid lacerations.
- Understanding Closed Globe Injuries including: Conjunctiva and sclera, Cataract and lens injuries, Traumatic mydriasis, iritis and microphyphaema, macrohphema and Retinal tears.
- How to approach Chemical Injuries and Burns including the Roper Hall Classification system.
- Update on the new developments in intravitreal therapy safety.
Max CPD hours awarded: 1.75
|Updates in Primary Eyecare | Ocular Trauma|
|Duration of CPD Session/Module|
|Duration of CPD Session/Module inclusive of Assessment Component|