Applying for Optometry Australia Institute of Excellence Quality Assurance
Quality Assurance criteria
CPD Activity applications that do not meet the Quality Assurance criteria in the Optometry Australia Institute of Excellence Guidelines for Quality Assurance of CPD Activities will not receive quality assurance. Optometry Australia has developed the following document to assist CPD providers in the development of high quality CPD activities. All CPD providers should read this document.
- NEW Optometry Australia Institute of Excellence Guidelines for Quality Assurance of CPD Activities (Dec 2020)
How to apply for Optometry Australia Institute of Excellence Quality Assurance
- New CPD providers need to create an account for the Provider Portal first. If a provider already has an account or has forgotten the password, login or press the ‘Forgot password’ button on the Provider Portal Log-in page.
- Select Application for Optometry Australia Institute of Excellence Quality Assurance of CPD Activity in the menu bar once logged in. Note: Applications should be submitted at least 28 days prior to the CPD activity date.
- Select Create New Record button and fill out every required field. If a required field is not completed, then you cannot proceed to the next step.
- Press Save and Next on the bottom right to continue to the next page of application.
- The last page will request pre-payment with credit card. The application cannot be reviewed without pre-payment supplied on this page. An invoice will be sent once payment has been received.
Note: If the application has been submitted within 28 days of the course date, an Urgent Application Fee of $150 will be included.
- The Optometry Australia Institute of Excellence Guidelines for Quality Assurance of CPD Activities are available at the top of every page on the application form for further in-depth information on what is required and how to categorise/classify the educational content.
- Optometry Australia will be notified of the new submission and will respond within 14 days.
- Optometry Australia will email you the respective Optometry Australia Institute of Excellence Quality Assurance badge/logo if it is determined that your CPD activity fulfils the Quality Assurance criteria. This badge/logo can be placed on any advertising or promotional material/resources for optometrists to identify that it is an Optometry Australia Institute of Excellence quality assured activity.
Optometry Australia Institute of Excellence Quality Assurance checklist
The Optometry Australia Institute of Excellence checklist is available below:
|Application has been submitted 28 days prior to CPD activity being run|
|I have read the OA Institute of Excellence Guidelines for Quality Assurance of CPD Activities to assist training providers|
|The activity/event meets the criteria iThe activity/event meets the criteria in the OA Institute of Excellence Guidelines for Quality Assurance of CPD Activities|
|CPD activity is targeted to meeting the learning needs of an individual optometrist and not the business|
|CPD activity brochure/program information has been provided in application|
|Learning objectives have been provided|
|If activity comprises an assessment component, assessment questions are included within the application|
|If activity is independent learning (e.g. written article, video), a copy of the CPD activity content is included within the application|
|Attendance list and CPD hours allocated have been submitted no later than 14 days after the activity has been completed|
|At a minimum, the Feedback Survey addresses both of the following, as specified in the OA Institute of Excellence Guidelines for Quality Assurance of CPD Activities: 1) Does optometrist believe the activity was aligned with stated learning objectives of the activity? 2) How has activity met the optometrist’s own learning needs?|
|The CPD Activity will be advertised with the OBA approved logo that indicates the number of points assigned|
In case of audit, you MUST keep and store ALL educational content/information for a minimum of two (2) years. These include:
- copy of any presentations used
- copy of completed feedback surveys
- copy of completed AND marked assessment forms (if applicable)
Advertising CPD Activities
All Optometry Australia Institute of Excellence Quality Assured CPD Activities are advertised on the Institute of Excellence CPD Calendar.
Questions? Contact our CPD team at email@example.com or call 1800 393 273.