Neuro Rehab Webinar series
Available from: 1/01/2019
Where to publish: acbo.org.au
Contact: Veronica Kypros, [E] email@example.com, [P] 0414 397 230
- 1.1. Attendees will be informed of the principles of optometric management, including principles of vision therapy, using a specific case study.
- 2.1 understand the options for optometric management of acquired abducens nerve palsy, including spectacle correction, prisms and vision therapy.
- 2.3 understand the more common aetiologies of abducens nerve palsy, the common presenting symptoms, and the typical signs of a sixth nerve palsy, as well as fundamental differential diagnosis, and indications for further referral.
- 3.1 Become familiar with the effects of multifocal designs, as well as prognosis for functional symptomatic improvement
- 3.4 Become familiar with common conditions which can result in vertical ocular misalignment, and vertical diplopia, and the possible effects on visual function and activities of daily living (ADLs)
- 1.2. Attendees will become familiar with the common visual functions affected by brain issues, and the potential effects on activities of daily living.
- 1.3. Attendees will become familiar with the common issues of acquired brain injury, stroke and neurological disease which can cause a patient to present for optometric care.
- 2.2 understand and be able to put into practice a comprehensive and sequential history taking, and a comprehensive and sequential visual and ocular assessment to detect or rule out specific visual and
- 3.2 Become familiar with the practical aspects of prescribing vertical prism (unilateral vs split, grind vs Fresnel)
- 3.3 Become comfortable with practical assessment of vertical misalignment and associated binocular vision dysfunction
Max points awarded: 6.00
|Neuro Rehab Webinar series|
|Independent Learning with Assessment|
|Points for attending & Passing Assessment|
|Points for attending &|
|NEURO REHAB 101, SIXTH NERVE PALSY, PRESCRIBING VERTICAL PRISMS||Independent Learning with Assessment||No||No||6.00|