Tuesday 15th September 2020
CPD@home presenter on Tuesday 15th September 2020
6.30pm – 7.30pm Dr Charlotte McKnight
Presentation Slides – Coming Soon
Multiple Choice Questions – ONLINE QUIZ
CPD is Face to Face with Assessment for 3 points for the 60 minute duration.
There are MCQs for this CPD.
CPD@home – Click for Further Information & REGISTRATION ZOOM LINK
(Please be logged in to view)
Monday 5th October 2020 WA CPD@home
Tuesday 24th November 2020 WA CPD
- Tuesday 1st September – Assoc Prof Chandra Bala & Dr Rhuju Mehta
- Monday 17th August – Dr Jane Khan
- Monday 3rd August (Regional) – Dr William Ward & Dr Kevin Chee
- Monday 20th July – Dr Dimitri Yellachich & Dr Xia Ni Wu
- Tuesday 7th July 2020 – Lisa Jansen
- Monday 15th June 2020 – Dr Vignesh Raja
- Tuesday 12th May 2020 – MacVie, Kang & Yellachich
WAVE@home brought to you by Optometry Australia and Optometry WA offering 3- 4.5 CPD – Face to Face, with assessment if you watched the live presentations, and now, you can watch the recordings for additional Independent Learning CPD points.
Thank you to our WAVE@home presenters;
- Dr Lauren Ayton on Sunday 29th March.
- Dr Alex Hui on Sunday 29th March.
- Dr Kate Gifford on Sunday 26th April
- Jason Holland on Sunday 3rd May
WAVE@home live webcasts have now been completed but you can watch all of the sessions again to gain Independent Learning CPD points, with assessment. Just click on the link below for further information.
Read more about our events via the tabs featured on this page and if you have any queries, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Optometry WA Metro CPD
The Optometry WA CPD events calendar runs from February to November every year. The Metro events are usually held at the UWA venue of the FJ Clark Building, QEII Medical Centre, Nedland but due to COVID-19 restrictions, CPDs will be delivered online until further notice.
- Tuesday 12th May 2020 – Live Webcast 6.30pm – 8.00pm WA Time
- Monday 15th June 2020 – Live Webcast 6.30pm – 7.30pm WA Time
- Tuesday 7th July 2020 – Live Webcast 6.30pm – 8.00pm WA Time
- Monday 20th July 2020 – Live Webcast 6.30pm – 7.30pm WA Time
- Monday 17th August 2020 – Live Webcast 6.30pm – 7.30pm WA Time
- Tuesday 1st September 2020 – Live Webcast 6.30pm – 7.30pm WA Time
** 1st Sept is CPD previously advertised as Tuesday 25th August.
- Tuesday 15th September 2020 – ECO WA CPD@home
- Monday 5th October 2020
- Tuesday 24th November 2020
Optometry WA Regional CPD
Optometry WA host four regional CPD evenings a year. In the past these have been in March & June, watch this space for the 2020 Regional dates and topics. Due to COVID-19 restrictions, the planned June regional CPDs will now look to being hosted online & delivered in July, not June.
Past regional CPD’s have been held in Mandurah, Waikiki, Bunbury and Busselton.
2020 Regional CPD Date – Amending to Online Live Webcasts
- Monday 3rd August 2020 – CPD@home presents Dr William Ward & Dr Kevin Chee via Zoom (Please be logged in to view)
- Dr William Ward presents on ‘The Technology of OCT & its Clinical Application.
- Dr Kevin Chee presents on Neuro-ophthalmic Conditions that may present to Optometry
Early Career Optometrists - WA
Optometry WA has an active group of members who are all within their first 10 years of their optometry career. The Early Career Optometrists in WA have a busy calendar of events throughout the year of CPD and social nights. Due to COVID-19 restrictions, CPD and social activities as previously planned have been postponed or amended to online where possible.
Further information will follow.
2020 ECO Dates
- 7th July 2020 – Lisa Jansen
- 15th September 2020 – Dr Charlotte McKnight presents via Zoom – Further info coming soon
Optometry WA supports St Pat's Fremantle
Optometry WA run a monthly eye clinic at St Pat’s Community Support Centre in Fremantle. On the third Tuesday of every month (except December), Optometry WA Executive Officer, Evan MacRae runs the eye clinic with the support of one of our kind volunteer optoms.
The frames are all donated or recycled and the lenses are kindly provided at a very low cost by CR Surfacing Laboratories. We ask for volunteers at the start of each year and we currently have all our volunteers for the 2020 St Pat’s dates.
Sadly, due to COVID-19 restrictions, we have had to cease the OWA St Pat’s monthly eye clinic for March, April and May.
St Pat’s is BACK – First eye clinic is back from June onwards so if you have volunteered, we will be in touch with regard to if you are still available etc.
If you have any queries, please email email@example.com
Optometry WA Annual Golf Day
Optometry WA hosts an annual golf day for members and our industry associates. The date for the 2020 Golf Day is Friday 30th October 2020 at the Cottesloe Golf Club. Subject to Change.
The Optometry WA Golf Day currently still has sponsorship opportunities available. Watch this space for information on the 2020 Golf Day Registration.
Optometry WA Annual State Conference
Apologies that the WAVE 2020 Conference has been cancelled as of 13th March 2020.
Our apologies that we have had to cancel WAVE 2020.
Delegates – if you paid by credit card, you will be refunded your registration fee in full.
If you paid by EFT, we will be in touch to gain your bank details.
Exhibitors – We we are contacting you to request bank details for your sponsorship refund.
Presenters – We are contacting you direct.
Thank you for your understanding.
Optometry WA joins the City of Perth for Homeless Connect 2019
*** 2020 Event Cancelled due to COVID-19 ***
The Homeless Connect Project is held annually by The City of Perth and Volunteering WA. Homeless Connect Perth is based on a one-stop-shop model of service provision to homeless people. Business and community groups come together to provide free services to homeless people for a day. Its object is to bring together one place, on one day, for homeless services in Perth. *Event subject to change.
Optometry WA Annual General Meeting - 21st Oct 2020
Optometry Western Australia Annual General Meeting for 2020 will be held on Wednesday 21st October 2020 at the OWA office on 2/62 Ord Street, West Perth and attendance can be in person or via Zoom. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org to RSVP if you wish to attend and express your preference in using Zoom or attending in person.