Welcome to Optometry Western Australia
Western Australia is a remote, diverse and unique place that provides wonderful opportunities for optometrists at every stage of their professional life.
Optometrists in WA work in unique circumstances due to the lack of a dedicated university program and research output, as well as being spread across a diverse range of locations throughout the largest state in Australia.
Your voice and being heard is crucial to our mutual success. Our aim is to capture everything about Western Australia to ensure optometry in general, and our members, have a voice that matters and is heard. Put another way, we aim to ensure you and your businesses are backed, covered and supported for the benefit of the profession overall.
To achieve our vision, our strategic plan balances the specific needs of WA members with the broader vision of Optometry Australia to ensure that we continue to lead, engage and promote optometry, optometrists and community eye health.
To ensure we deliver on our vision for optometrists we provide members with:
- face-to-face continuous professional development (CPD) that is engaging, challenging, social and informative
- broadcasted CPD to regional areas
- the renowned WAVE conference mixing plenary sessions with hands-on workshops and a social atmosphere for networking
- professional support
- advice at every stage of your optometry career
- industry recognised and best practice insurance cover
- political advocacy and lobbying
- resources to enhance your business and knowledge
- community liaison
- local area marketing
- community support initiatives provided to less fortunate members of our community by volunteer optometrists
- The Vision newsletter
- regular communication about local issues and plenty more!
We enjoy questioning, advising, listening to, and meeting with each and every one of you and we welcome you contacting our team.
Optometry Western Australia
2/62 Ord Street
West Perth WA 6005
PO Box 375, Subiaco, WA 6904
Tel: (08) 9321 2300 Fax: (08) 9321 2355