Welcome to Optometry Western Australia
Western Australia is a remote, diverse and unique place that provides wonderful opportunities for optometrists at every stage of their professional life.
- WAVE 2023 – Registration Opens in December! Early Bird Prices!
17 hrs CPD including 5hrs Interactive Therapeutic & 10 Therapeutic.WAVE 2023 is again a hybrid event offering In Person Registration & Virtual Registration with access to the same CPD & program.
The Esplanade Hotel – Hybrid Conference In Person & Virtual Attendance Options.
Discounted Accommodation Available HERE
WAVE 2023 is another stellar line up of presenters & educational topics, as selected by our OWA Educational Chair & OWA Board Member, Hui-Lin Chan. Expect to see highly regarded local & interstate presenters join us at the Esplanade Hotel, Fremantle for WAVE 2023, 18-19th March.
The program will match the 17hrs CPD as per last year, and include the much sought after Therapeutic Interactive combination, plus includes 10 hours Therapeutic.
We have many more delegate benefits to share with you over the coming weeks & look forward to launching the Early Bird Registration.
- OWA CPD & Events
- OWA Resources inc COVID-19 Updates, Hospital Referrals & Locum List
- OWA 2022 Membership Renewals
- Optometry Australia COVID-19 Latest Updates
Optometrists in WA work in unique circumstances due to the lack of a dedicated university program and research output, as well as being spread across a diverse range of locations throughout the largest state in Australia.
Your voice and being heard is crucial to our mutual success. Our aim is to capture everything about Western Australia to ensure optometry in general, and our members, have a voice that matters and is heard. Put another way, we aim to ensure you and your businesses are backed, covered and supported for the benefit of the profession overall.
To achieve our vision, our strategic plan balances the specific needs of WA members with the broader vision of Optometry Australia to ensure that we continue to lead, engage and promote optometry, optometrists and community eye health.
To ensure we deliver on our vision for optometrists we provide members with:
- face-to-face continuous professional development (CPD) that is engaging, challenging, social and informative and available to members in person or via Zoom
- broadcasted CPD Evenings via Zoom & WAVE on Demand
- the hybrid WAVE conference mixing plenary sessions with interactive CPD lectures available to all
- professional support
- advice at every stage of your optometry career
- industry recognised and best practice insurance cover
- political advocacy and lobbying
- resources to enhance your business and knowledge
- community liaison
- local area marketing
- community support initiatives provided to less fortunate members of our community by volunteer optometrists
- OWA Updates E-Communications
- regular communication about local issues and plenty more!
- Updated Ophthalmology Referral Lists for WA
We enjoy questioning, advising, listening to, and meeting with each and every one of you and we welcome you contacting our team.
Optometry Western Australia
2/62 Ord Street
West Perth WA 6005
PO Box 375, Subiaco, WA 6904
Tel: (08) 9321 2300 Fax: (08) 9321 2355
Optometry WA acknowledges the traditional owners of country throughout Western Australia and recognises their continuing connection to land, waters and community.
We pay our respect to them and their cultures; and to Elders past and present and emerging.