Membership benefits for students
Optometry students are the future of our profession. At Optometry Australia, we will foster your career and enable you to reach your full potential.
We are also looking ahead, to ensure a thriving optometry profession where your career is sustainable, fulfilling and rewarding. Having a membership with us means you are part of Australia’s largest community of optometry professionals and because of this, you are never alone. We provide the networks, tools, support and guidance for your professional success.
Student membership is free and provides many benefits including:
- Complimentary advice on employment options, including understanding and negotiating your first job or contract.
- Step-by-step guidance on how to register with Ahpra or obtaining a Medicare and PBS provider number.
- A thriving Jobs Board which gives you access to the largest and most diverse range of employment opportunities across Australia, including face-to-face access to a range of potential employers.
- Monday-Friday access to our member hotline for support and guidance across all aspects of the profession – from Medicare billing, to handling complaints and challenging clinical cases.
- Access to all online resources and information including clinical guidelines, practice information and much more.
- Excellent networking opportunities with peers and future colleagues as well as heavily discounted rates on registration costs for conferences with international speakers.
- Opportunities to join a national pre-career community and contribute to the future direction of your profession.
- Complimentary Professional Indemnity Insurance (PII) cover for final-year students under our premium policy.
- Member-only e-newsletters such as Your Launching Pad with tailored advice to help you launch into clinical practice safely and efficiently.
- Member-only e-newsletters broadcasting professional and leadership opportunities.
- Opportunities to participate in our annual Student Leadership Program – an initiative designed to give students the skills they need to become future leaders within the optometry profession.
- Complimentary access to our Mentoring Program for peer-to-peer support to grow your professional career.
To become a member and join growing our community, sign-up here!