By Optometry Australia
Key outtakes from video message:
– As communicated yesterday (30 March), the Department of Health advises telehealth items are to be further expanded and we continue to advocate strongly for optometry to be included. We will bring you news of these outcomes as soon as possible.
– All members are being asked to update their membership details if you provide telehealth services and emergency in-person consults.
– Guide for triaging urgent and critical care and Guide to providing tele-eye care for optometrists now available here
– We will continue to provide relevant and accurate information on employer and employee rights in the case of a shutdown, reduced hours or continued practice for urgent and emergency cases. We are also monitoring the salary subsidy arrangements and will bring you details as they come to hand.
– Our COVID-19 resources hub which is now live provides relevant, accurate and timely information. You can also sign up to a COVID-19 Bulletin.
– We are continuing to clarify CPD requirements with the OBA. In the meantime, Optometry Australia has significantly ramped up its range of online and webcast CPD programs. AVC this weekend is also a virtual event and WAVE@Home is being offered through a series of webcasts.
– The whole Optometry Australia team is working tirelessly to support you now and into the future with the development of plans and structures to secure the long-term viability of our sector and I applaud their work.
We realise this is a difficult and uncertain time for all of us. We encourage members to reach out to Beyond Blue and Lifeline for further support, including if you are experiencing heightened concern due to a coronavirus diagnosis, or increased stress or anxiety due to employment changes, business closure, financial difficulties, family pressures or other challenges.
Tagged as: COVID-19, Leadership