By Optometry Australia
Optometry Australia is committed to ensuring that you have ready access to the education that you need to meet your CPD obligations given the COVID-19 constraints.
We have curated for you a range of online education offerings that you can access via our Institute of Excellence and that will help you meet your CPD requirements.
Tomorrow, 26 May: Optometry 2040 – Leading you to Leverage Disruption
The webcast will be delivered by David Platt of Resilient Futures from 7:30pm to 9:00pm AEST. The webcast will explore the emerging disruptors impacting industry more generally in 2020, those impacting optometry as a profession, and you specifically as an optometrist. Members who attend will be automatically allocated 1.5 non-clinical CPD points, visible in the non-accredited section of your member portal. You can register here.
Independent Learning you can do now
Pre-recorded webcasts that are ready for viewing include:
- The role of optometry in macular disease – presented by Dr Angelica Ly.
- Emerging from Lockdown – Business and Practice Continuity – presented by Luke Arundel and Paul McKinley.
- Mental health first aid – by Teresa Coffey.
- Financial stress in practice – presented by Paul McKinley – 2T CPD points.
- Making the perfect dry eye cocktail – presented by Jason Holland – 2T CPD points.
- Myopia Management – Kids, Contacts and the Visual Environment – presented by Dr Kate Gifford – 3T CPD points.
- Infection and Pain Management in Eye Care – presented by Dr Alex Hui – 3 CPD points.
- Imaging, Classification and Advanced Therapeutics in AMD – presented by Dr Lauren Ayton – 3 CPD points.
- Telehealth in Optometry – presented by Simon Hanna and Ben Hamlyn – 1 CPD point.
- Navigating HR through COVID-19 – presented by Emma Dalley and Paul McKinley – 1 CPD point.
Our latest Pharma issues are also available for you to access, all offering six points including therapeutic points:
- In the March issue of Pharma, we take a deeper look at collaborative care, delving into clinical examples of how it can enhance the profession of optometry and produce better patient outcomes. This issue provides 6 (4T) CPD points. Complete the quiz and your CPD points will be automatically entered into your ‘MyCPD record.’
- December 2019 issue of Pharma – 6 (4T) CPD points.
- September 2019 issue of Pharma – 6 (1T) CPD points.
Tagged as: COVID-19, Member services