By Optometry Australia
Optometry Australia is committed to ensuring members have ready access to the education that they need to meet their CPD obligations given the COVID-19 constraints.
With the four-day Easter break commencing tomorrow, we have curated a range of online education offerings that members can access during the long weekend via our Institute of Excellence and that will help them meet their CPD requirements.
Independent Learning on offer
Pre-recorded webcasts ready for viewing:
- Infection and Pain Management in Eye Care – presented by Dr Alex Hui – 3 CPD points.
- Imaging, Classification and Advanced Therapeutics in AMD – presented by Dr Lauren Ayton – 3 CPD points.
- Telehealth in Optometry – presented by Simon Hanna and Ben Hamlyn – 1 CPD point.
Our latest Pharma issues are also available for members to access, all offering six points including therapeutic points:
- In the March issue of Pharma, we take a deeper look at collaborative care, delving into clinical examples of how it can enhance the profession of optometry and produce better patient outcomes. This issue provides 6 (4T) CPD points. Complete the quiz and your CPD points will be automatically entered into your ‘MyCPD record.’
- December 2019 issue of Pharma – 6 (4T) CPD points.
- September 2019 issue of Pharma – 6 (1T) CPD points.
Comprehensive program of webcasts to come
In the following weeks, we will deliver an enhanced program of interesting clinical subjects that you can participate in from the comfort of your home.
- April 14: Navigating HR through COVID-19 – presented by Emma Dalley (Industry Legal Group) and Paul McKinley (Optometry Finance Australia).
- April 22: Mental Health First Aid – presented by Teresa Coffey.
- April 26: Myopia Management – Kids, Contacts and the Visual Environment – presented by Dr Kate Gifford.
- May 3: How to Mix the Perfect Dry Eye Cocktail – presented by Jason Holland.
- May 12: The role of optometry in macular disease – presented by Dr. Angelica Ly.
Tagged as: COVID-19, Member services