MBS Online contains the Medicare Benefits Schedule (MBS), a listing of the Medicare services subsidised by the Australian government. The Schedule is part of the wider Medicare Benefits Scheme managed by the Department of Health and administered by Department of Human Services.
Federal budget update
Provider percentile charts
Billing accurately under Medicare
If you have any questions in relation to Medicare please contact your State Division CEO or the National Professional Services Manager. Optometry Australia can also help you understand the process and has experience in dealing with Medicare audits.
Medicare claiming options
Medicare provider enquiries
Phone: 132 150
- Option 1 – Medicare card, claiming and payment enquiries
- Option 2 – MBS item interpretation
- Option 3 – For assistance completing Centrelink medical certificates
- Option 4 – For technical assistance including electronic claiming enquiries
- Option 5 – All other enquiries